What is Tesla Powerwall?
Compact and affordable, Tesla Powerwall is battery storage developed for your home or commercial business. A product of Tesla Energy, Tesla Powerwall is a battery system designed to store excess energy generated by solar power panels. Depending on your specific needs and goals, Tesla Powerwall can power your home or business at night with stored solar energy that was produced during the day, or can be utilized as a backup system in place of a grid outage.
Each Tesla Powerwall knows when to charge and when to begin powering your home. Through the Tesla app, you can monitor your battery and solar production, as well as change your power flow as necessary. Because of this feature, a Powerwall must always be connected to the Internet.
How Tesla Powerwall Works
When the sun shines on your solar panels, Powerwall can take that clean, sustainable solar energy and store it in the battery, so you can then use that energy at night, to power the energy demands from your home.
Our certified and extensively trained installers can fit your Powerwall with ease and we’ll take care of everything for you, including system design, to ensure your Powerwall system is perfect for your individual requirements.
Powerwall can be used indoors or outside and once installed, it will be connected to the grid, ready to export any excess energy generated from your solar panels, to maximise the economic benefit of Powerwall. The 14kWh lithium Powerwall battery includes a liquid thermal control system, integrated inverter and software that cleverly uses your stored energy when you need it most.
Tesla Powerwall Settings
The Tesla Powerwall has several settings that allow you to personalize its functionality to your needs. The following settings are available with a Tesla Powerwall:
- Self-powered. On self-powered mode, a Tesla Powerwall will store any excess energy your solar panels catch during the day to power your home a night. This option is only for those with solar energy.
- Backup-only. With backup-only, you can set your Tesla Powerwall to save its power for an outage. The Powerwall will only provide energy for your home when your power goes out. Once power on the grid has been restored, your Powerwall will notify you and stop powering your home.
- Time-based control. This mode will forecast your energy rates. When rates are high, you can use energy from the Powerwall to offset your usage, saving you money. The Powerwall will only charge from the grid when energy rates are low.
- Storm watch. Under the storm watch setting, your Tesla Powerwall will connect to the National Weather Service and reserve its energy for incoming severe weather.
- Preconditioning. Batteries have a harder time charging in colder weather. In the winter, you can set your Tesla Powerwall to preconditioning. This mode will heat the Powerwall and allow it to store more energy.
Tesla Powerwall Benefits
Investing in a home battery can reduce the amount you spend on electricity and ensure that you are never without power. With Tesla Powerwall, you can save money and become more energy independent.
If you have a solar energy system, the addition of a Powerwall can allow you to self-power your home most, if not all, of the time. Tesla Powerwall will charge from your solar panels during the day and then continue to provide your home with power at night, once the sun has gone down. When the sun rises again the next day, the process begins anew and your Powerwall will begin to recharge.
All Tesla Powerwalls come with a 10-year warranty.
You will need to have your Tesla Powerwall installed by a Tesla Powerwall Certified Installer. These installers have been professionally trained and are required to follow the quality and inspection guidelines outlined by Tesla. iGen, is a Tesla Powerwall Certified Installer and is able to both sell and install your Tesla Powerwall.
The number of Tesla Powerwalls you may need will depend on the amount of energy you use and how you wish to discharge your battery.
Contact iGen Energy today. We can install your Tesla home battery and answer your questions about energy storage.